Get Adobe Flash player
Strona główna // English version

District of Łódź.

Our school is located in the south of the city and it is one of the oldest school in the district.

kompilacja

 

Main facts

42 Primary School is actually attended by 445 pupils, from 5 to 13 years old (398 in primary school and 47 in nursery school). There are 42 teachers.

The structural situation is very good - there are two sections of nursery school. The building is old - it was built in 1924, but actually the school started in 1914. All our students are Polish.

There are about 71 learners with SEN (special educational needs). There are about 74 gifted and talented learners. Because of the problem of parents' unemployment many children have free school meals. 42 students  have maintenance grants. Our school caters for a wide range of socio-economic groups. There is a significant number of one parent families. We have some orphans and semi-orphan children living in the orphanage or with foster families. A small percentage of chronically sick pupils with individual learning progress. Almost 90% of school population live in the school immediate area, others travel from surroundings.

We work on projects connected with healthy lifestyle, tourism, ecology and sport. There are a lot of extra classes like dancing, sport, journalism, drama, music, IT and foreign language classes. Our students are under care of  school psychologist.

Psychological assistance

Our school provides assistance to pupils, teachers and parents in all cases regarding pupils' education, behavioral problems and the others like bursaries and school equipment for some students. Anti-violence programme.

Dinning room

The school carries out the feeding programme for children, offering lunches for reasonable prices possible due to subsidies from the local government and church support. A lunch of two courses and fruit drink or dissert is available at less then 2 Euros.

Nurse  assistance

Taking care of pupils' health and daily hygiene. Providing assistance in cases of emergencies, periodical health checks, toothbrushing.

School Library

Over 14 000 items available, supporting the students" education and development in their reading culture. Equipped with PC computers with the Internet access. Assistance to children in preparing lesson materials and doing homework.

   Common room

Open from 7 am to 5 pm, convenient to parents. It offers extra-curricular activities - art, music, dance, sport classes, as well as helping students do homework assignments and catch up with current learning material by more intensive revising.

Extra-curricular activities

Dance, drama, sport, art, ICT club, English Club, Science Club, Tourist Club, Journalistic Club

2 ICT Rooms (MAC&PC)

1 multimedia Room

Priority Of Health Promotion

Competitions and contests

School trips local and national

Welcome of the first grades

School events

Christmas: nativity plays.

School anniversary - food displays and tasting

Independence Day Celebration

 

The school gives outstanding provision for pupils' care, guidance and support as well as a good standard of education. Children do well in their work, learn a lot in their classes because the teaching is good. They all benefit from the many interesting activities and experiments that the school provides. They play and work together in a friendly and cooperative work. Teachers make excellent use of their assessments of children’s achievements to provide stimulating and highly imaginative learning experiments both inside and outside the classroom. Students are very well cared by adults in school and this helps them to feel safe. Children behave extremely well in their lessons and around the school. Pupils are supported and encouraged by staff to carry, through their own projects and community activities.

 

Comenius Project

From 2002-2005 the school was involved in the European Comenius Project. The project was a joint effort of schools in Britain, Sweden, Spain and Poland concentrating on strengthening social and cultural integration among their communities through focusing on various aspects of schools and community life, such as tolerance and respect of oneself and the others and ones own heritage. The context of the partnership assumed the promotion of the European citizenship by exploring values shared by and required from all participants, exchanging information, sharing experiences and ideas, as well as establishing contacts and making friendship with people of various European countries. The emphasis was put on developing competences of foreign language communication and the use of IC Technology.

 

OUR  SCHOOL HISTORY

1914, August    The school originates as the Polish School at 25 Wiznera Street. There are only three grades in it.

 

1916, October   The school changes its address and the building into 8 Pabianicka Road. Pupils learn by the paraffin lamps.

 

1918-1919         The school moves to the new building at 34 Pabianicka Road. There are 18 grades and 884 students. The name  is changed into Powszechna 7 klasowa Szkoła Miejska nr 42

 

1921-1922         The school starts to be a city school. Girls are moved to girls' school nr 62.

 

1924, June         The new school building is being built there. The work is continued till December 1925.

 

1926, January    Both schools are moved to the new building The new name is given to it. From now on it is called Szkoła Podstawowa nr 42 im. St. Staszica.

 

1931, May         The school is given a banner, funded by parents and children with the national emblem on one side, and the portrait of Staszic on the other.

 

1933, September  The school becomes co-ed one. It works in a very good space conditions, as well as well equipped classrooms.

 

1939, September   The school is occupied by German soldiers, who destroy it.

 

1939, September   Students continue their learning process at 34 Pabianicka Street, but the school curriculum is decreased.

 

1939, December     The school headteacher Mr. Borucki is arrested, the school is closed. School files, its equipment and the library are destroyed. Teachers make the decision to teach secretly.

 

1945, February      The headteacher, Mr. Borucki and two teachers come back and start preparing classrooms for teaching.

 

1945, February      The first after the war period, school year begins. It lasts till 15,July.

 

1952, September   The school changes its name into Szkoła Ogólnokształcąca Stopnia Podstawowego TPD nr 16.

 

1957                    The school comes back to its former name 42 Primary School, but there is no Staszic name in it.

 

1961                    The new school  nr.162 is organized in the same building.

 

1963                    The school recovers the name after St. Staszic.

 

1965                    The new banner, funded by the society of Górna district, is given to school. There is the emblem of Poland and a piece of writing on one side and the quotation from Staszic on the other.

 

1971                    May,8 th, is brought back as a Patron Day

 

1999, September    According to school reform the school is given the name: sześcioklasowa Szkoła Podstawowa nr 42 im. Stanisława Staszica

 

 

 
Logowanie